San Antonio Citizens Federal Credit Union (SACFCU) Scholarship
Terms and Conditions
1. The applicant must be a primary member in good standing at SACFCU. For membership information see below.
Credit Union membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Eastern Pasco and Eastern Hernando Counties; as well as, immediate family members of all current or eligible members.
Credit Union membership is open to all businesses located in our membership field. Businesses located outside of our membership field and owned by persons eligible for membership, may also qualify.
Opening your membership is easy! Simply visit one of our four offices and open a Savings account with as little as $5.00 and you’re instantly a part of our Credit Union Family.
2. The applicant must be a senior in high school who will enroll in an undergraduate course of study during the 2021-2022 academic school year at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college, university, vocational, technical or trade school in the United States.
1. The Online Scholarship Application must be completed and submitted along with the additional required documents by midnight Sunday, April 11, 2021 to be considered for the scholarship.
2. All information provided will remain confidential. No materials will be returned.
3. Required documents consist of a written essay (Maximum 500 words) based on one of our four essay topics and your high school transcript.
1. Completed applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
2. Finalists may be asked to meet with the Scholarship Committee for an informal interview.
3. Recipients of the scholarship will be notified by Friday, May 28, 2021.
4. All decisions concerning the scholarship award will be the responsibility of the Scholarship Committee, and all decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final.
1. Scholarship recipients will receive the funds deposited directly into their SACFCU account once their required documentation is submitted and approved, half for the first school term and half for the second.
2. Recipients of scholarship must provide SACFCU proof of enrollment at the intended school named on the application, such proof would be a course schedule, receipt from registrar’s office etc.
3. Scholarship is a non-recurring award.
4. Scholarship deposits may be postponed for a maximum of 1 year under extenuating circumstances. At that time, failure to provide needed documentation will result in cancellation of funding.
Choose one of the following 4 Essay Topics, then complete your essay (Maximum 500 words) in Microsoft Word, save it, and upload the document to the bottom of this page. Make sure to have your essay uploaded before submitting the rest of your application.
1. If you had unlimited resources, what is the one thing you would do to change or improve your local community? Why?
2. What challenges or obstacles have you dealt with and overcome? How did it change you and prepare you for the future?
3. If you could meet any person, living or dead, for an hour, who would it be and what would you say to them?
4. Pick a quote that describes a lot about you and explain why you connect with it.