Vocational, Tech, and Trade School Scholarship Application
The Community First Federal Credit Union Vocational, Tech, and Trade School Scholarship is only open to students who are members or have family who are members of Community First Federal Credit Union.
Deadline: May 1, 2021
AVAILABLE TO: High School Seniors through final year of vocational/tech/trade training.
AMOUNT: $500 x 2 Scholarships
Scholarship Criteria and Guidelines
● The Community First’s Undergraduate Program Scholarship is available to the following students:
High school seniors and undergrad college students who are members of Community First Federal Credit Union. The student or his/her family member must officially reside in the CFFCU field of membership area.
High school seniors and undergrad students who are enrolled in a vocational, tech, or trade course of study, including but not limited to, heating and cooling, cosmetology, air traffic controller, childcare, heavy equipment, construction, manufacturing, dental, and auto mechanic.
● Student grade point average requirement is 2.0 or above.
● Preference will be given to those students that can show participation in community events, volunteerism, and involvement in their community.
● Scholarship payment will be made to the scholarship winner after completion of the first semester of the trade school and upon proof of matriculation for the second semester, unless graduating that first semester. Applicants may be attending either a trade school or 2-year or 4-year programs at a community college or university.
● Application materials will be placed on the Community First Website and in each of the Community First Branches, and in local schools within the membership area.
● The scholarship must be used within 12 months of being received.
● Completed application, official transcript, and two letters of recommendation may be submitted in the following ways:
Completed on the Community First website through the e-form.
Dropped off at any branch location: Lakeview, Howard City, Trufant, or Morley.
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail completed scholarship application and materials to:
Community First Federal Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Committee
9637 N. Greenville Road
Lakeview, MI 48850
CFFCU is committed to education and work communities that are free from prohibited discrimination and harassment. UTI prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation/gender identity or expression, genetic information, and any other legally protected status in the provision of its courses, programs, services or activities.